Friday, December 27, 2013

Plans for 2014



A new beginning on the calendar is always a good time for reflection and small mindful changes are sometimes the most effective in improving one's life. Here are some areas of focus I'm planning for 2014:


More veggies, less carbs.

More pausing and thinking before responding or speaking.

More simplifying and downsizing.

Less time online.

More daily physical activity, even if only 10 minutes at a time.


Each one reflects an area of my life in which small changes will make a big difference over the course of the year. Emotionally I don't have the focus or motivation to take on big goals so I'm taking a more gentle, one baby step at a time, slow and steady wins the race approach to these areas; a series of daily choices that count as success.



4 comments:

  1. You are reading my mind this morning...I am doing all this in my mind. There has got to be some big adjustments in 2014! I need to adjust!
    Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great strategy for the New Year. There will be a major change in our life in 2014(moving)but I need to keep up the small goals like walking and biking 5+x a week. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, Cindy. It's when we try to do everything at once that we fail. Slow and steady should be everyone's goal for the upcoming year in trying to move through new goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thoughts, Cindy. I've been thinking about my focus for the new year. Simplifying is always a worthy goal!

    ReplyDelete