Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook to End 2013

My own version of the Simple Woman's Daybook for today:

Outside my window...
Very cold and lightly snowing.

I am thinking...
I'm going to be a grandma in about two months!

I am thankful for...
A peaceful end to 2013. It was a year with some challenges but the Lord brought us through it all.

From the kitchen...
I have the ingredients ready to make Peanut Butter Popcorn for New Year's Eve. We're staying in and watching movies.

I am reading...
The Other Side of the River by Kevin Reeves.

I am creating...
Space. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm on a mission to downsize and get rid of half of my stuff (clothes I don't wear, dishes I don't use, books I won't read again, craft supplies, etc.).

Around the house...
There are no signs of Christmas. Everything got put away over the weekend. It's nice to have a sense of order back in the house.

On my MP3 player this week...
Chris Rice.

One of my favorite things...
Warm socks.

One of my least favorite things...
Celebrities and members of the media who preach tolerance but become the most intolerant of all when someone expresses a belief that opposes their view.

A Simple Grace Note...
Our daughter's pregnancy is going well. Her biggest complaint these days is that Baby is active at night so it's hard to get good sleep. I can't wait to meet this little one!

My simple devotion...
"Dear Christian, make no mistake. We are living in days that are challenging, but rest assured that we also live in a day of great harvest. Stand firm on the authority of the Word of God and declare the message of the Gospel. Jesus is alive, the tomb is empty, and Jesus is ruling and reigning as His people’s High Priest. The Holy Spirit is still in the business of opening people’s eyes to the truth about Jesus, of convicting His people of their sin, and pointing them towards the truth of Jesus. The Gospel is still the power of God! Preach the Gospel all the more in a culture that says tolerance is a virtue and yet rejects its own conviction through its own inconsistency. Shout all the more from the rooftops and declare the sufficiency of Jesus to a culture that would rather celebrate its own pride and self-sufficiency." - Dave Jenkins

A Picture to Share: A decorating idea I want to try next year for the holidays


1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy your daybook, Cindy. I think I might like to try sharing this way. Do I have to connect with someone first? I see you do your own version.
    It is so exciting that you are about to become a grandma! Wish I was, too.
    It is also great connecting with you on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete