Friday, December 13, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook

My own version of the Simple Woman's Daybook for today:

Outside my window...
Very cold, an inch or two of snow on the ground, sunshine.

I am thinking...
Hibernation sounds good. I just want to curl up and sleep until spring!

I am thankful for...
Hubby's new job. He's been at it for over a month now and it is going well. God is good!

From the kitchen...
Chili for supper. It's a good day for soup.

I am reading...
"Another Jesus" Calling by Warren B. Smith.

I am creating...
Working on several writing ideas.

Around the house...
There are signs of Christmas: A decorated tree, a wreath on the door and another over the fireplace, a nativity set.

On my MP3 player this week...
Chelsea Moon (Hymn Project Volume 2).

One of my favorite things...
Cinnamon. I think that's why I like apple desserts because cinnamon lends itself so well to those.

One of my least favorite things...
Scented candles and potpourri. They make my throat scratchy and my nose stuffy when I'm around them.

A Simple Grace Note...
Dear son successfully finished his first semester of college. We're so proud of the effort he put forth and how it paid off with good grades. He didn't have very good study habits in high school (and likewise struggled to maintain good grades) so we weren't sure how it would go with college but he really stepped up his game and worked hard.

My simple devotion...
"What it all comes down to is this: Do we have a love of the truth or do we just experience what we want to experience and hear what we want to hear? Ultimate truth is not found in channeled messages, "new" revelations, or "new" truth. Ultimate truth - God's truth and nothing but God's truth - is explicitly, authoritatively, genuinely, and most amazingly found in the pages of God's inspired Holy Word. And it is in those pages that we find our wonderful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

Warren B. Smith, "Another Jesus" Calling

A Picture to Share:


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed every answer you gave. If you make that photo into a card, count me in. I want to order some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I run from scented things. Used to love them, but ever since chemo, I cannot tolerate these smells. I'd be interested to hear more about the book you're reading, and finally, that picture would make a beautiful card;)! Merry Christmas, friend.

    ReplyDelete