Saturday, June 7, 2014

Gifts From Mom


We ended up with lots of things from my mother-in-law's belongings after clearing out her house first, then her assisted living apartment. I wasn't sure what to do with it at first but this is what our front entry looks like now, including an original watercolor by a local artist (cattail picture) and her kitchen table with one of the four chairs. The pillow case was among other embroidered linens she or her mother had done and I like the whimsical touch it adds. Everything seen is from her except for the framed photos and basket of flowers on the table, and is a pleasant way to remember her each day.

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I have some of my mother's things in our home and they bring back such warm memories of her and what a wonderful person she was. I can't imagine parting with these items, though the only thing of any real value would be her china cabinet. I have it in the downstairs den holding her collection of salt and pepper shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious. I know it also ministers to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have things from loved ones. I have my mother's china cabinet and her doll she had at age 6. Her love and memory is always in my heart.

    ReplyDelete